Friday, October 31, 2008

Animation. Coming Soon.

Ok, so this was going to be a post of the animation that I've been working on. I can't get the file to work on my blog just yet, but I'll tell you about it regardless: I am using about twelve frame per second, so this bit that I have so far consists of about 76 drawings; all by hand (without a lightboard ugh!) and then scanned into the computer for compilation. It amounts to a little over six seconds.
I've always had a respect for the tediousness of animators, (I quite love tedious drawings as you can tell) however I guess I really didn't know what it was like until I tried it. You never really know until you try.
I made another 80 drawings this week. My back hurts from hunching over my work! haha. And my animation isn't even close to as clean and consistent as some people I know. For instance check out Benjamin's animation. He's taking courses and has the proper tools mind you, but regardless, it really takes a lot of time, effort and precision to make a nice animation.
Utrecht hosts the annual Holland Animation Film Festival next week; the venue is right down the street from my place so I'll definitely check it out. The Holland Film Festival was at this place as well, but the films were all in Dutch. At least for animation, even if I can't understand everything I'll be able to admire the craftsmanship.

No comments: